Part of the Langtang region, Helambu Trekking is a perfect, short trek for those with little trekking experience or who just want to take it easy and enjoy the low altitude scenery, villages, and peoples, with the backdrop of the Himalayas. Helambu trekking starts very close to Kathmandu as we enter the Shivapuri National Park and driving to Chisapani, where the trek begins. This trek takes us through Tamang and Sherpa villages, to Buddhist monasteries, through green vegetation, temperate forests, rhododendron forests and of course there are the mountains. On this trek, the views are magnificent and include Langtang, Manaslu, Gauri Shankar, Rolwaling, and Ganesh Himal.
Helambu Trek is the perfect trekking option for those who have minimal time in the Himalayas. In spite of being close to the urban Kathmandu, Helambu has been able to retain its natural beauty. Helambu region of highland villages begins at the Lauribina La Pass and descends to the Melamchi valley. The trek provides one the opportunity to immerse in the local customs and traditions while experiencing the real wilderness. Langtang Helambu Trek is considered one of the best cultural journeys comprising of mind-blowing vistas of majestic Himalayas. Since the trek requires little experience and the trails are smooth, ranging from 800 meters to 3600 meters, it has been the ultimate trek route for beginners. This very same reason creates a further advantage for the trek, which is that other trekkers sparsely populate the trek route.
With no altitude to deal with, no high passes, or snow in the main seasons of March/ April and October/ November this 6-day trek is perfect for those with the little one as well.
Highlights Helambu Trekking
- Easy access from Kathmandu – no long drives or flights
- Perfect for those with little trekking experience or with limited time
- Visit Tamang and Sherpa village
- Learn something about Buddhist culture
- Stunning awe-inspiring mountain views to photograph
The Cost Includes
- Government licensed, trekking guide during the trek including his food, accommodation, salary, and insurance
- Porter service during the trek (1 porter for 2 trekkers basis) including their food, accommodation, salary, and insurance
- Twin sharing Tea house/Lodges Accommodation during the trekking
- Three times meals in a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek.
- Langtang National park Trekking Permit.
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) Card for the Langtang Trekking.
- Kathmandu to Sundarijal by a private jeep
- Tarkeghyang to Kathmandu by private jeep
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Basic first aid kits and a Pulse oximeter
- Company branded water bottle with purification tablet
The Cost Excludes
- Food and accommodation in Kathmandu
- any kinds of hard or soft drinks in the mountain
- Personal expenses; Wifi, hot shower, battery charging in the mountain
- Travel insurance
- Tip and Donation
Earlier today we will drive about 1 hours to Sundarijal. From there we will walk all the way up to the entrance gate, take the entrance permit and move forward.
From Chisapani, today we will hike to Kutumsang which take 6 to 7 hours. The way will be downward for about 1 and hours, and after that, we will walk for 1 hour through the road. In some part, we will see Stupa, monasteries, and prayer flags. The people living here have a mixed culture and community. Similarly, before Kutumsang, the trail is uphills, and the trek will be moderate this day. As we have to walk through the forest, we won't see the mountain view.
Passing Maginikot by walking 2 hours from Kutumsang upward through the forest we will reach to Thadepati. To reach Thadepati from Maginikot, it takes 3 hours. On the way, we will pass through Langtang National Park with the view of different peaks.
Today we will head towards Helambu VDC or Melamchi Gang. Walking for about 3 hours, we will reach our destination. The trail is all the wat downwards with the walk-in the forest. The path is easy to walk. After arriving at Melamchigang, we will visit the sherpa village and Gompas with the side trip to the cave.
All the way downwards we will walk for about 4 to 5 hours and arrive at Tarkeghyang. After the suspension bridge, we will walk uphill till Tarkeghyang along the forest of pine and Rhododendron. In Tarkeghyang there is a big gompa you will visit. Overnight at Tarkeghyang.
Early after having our breakfast we will drive for 4 hours and return to Kathmandu.