All tourists must obtain a visa clearance before traveling to Bhutan. Visas are processed through an online system by your licensed Bhutanese tour operator directly. You are required to send the photo page of your passport to your tour operator, who will then apply for your visa. The visa will be processed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) once the full payment of your holiday (including a USD 40 visa fee) has been wire transferred and received in the TCB bank account. Upon realization of payment, the visa clearance will be processed within 72 working hours. At your point of entry, you will be required to show your visa clearance letter, and the visa will then be stamped into your passport. The policy of ‘high-value low impact’ tourism is best supported by the system set by the government all-inclusive of a minimum daily tariff.
Getting in Bhutan
Getting in Bhutan is easier than you may think; the most common entry point is from Kathmandu Nepal. The reasons why most travelers choose Kathmandu are:
- There is a direct flight from Kathmandu to Paro (Bhutan) daily by Druk Air, the national airline of Bhutan, and four flights a week by Bhutan Airlines. Because most travelers consider Kathmandu as their entry port to Paro, the trip to Paro is comparatively cheaper.
- Flying this route is a lifetime experience you will never forget. You will be rewarded with a magnificent view of 8 of the highest peaks on Earth, including Mt Everest, cascading ranges, hundreds of other peaks, mountain valleys, pastureland, lakes to soft mountains towards the eastern ranges of Himalayas.
- Secure and faster visa processing without 100% down payment in advance through our Nepal Bhutan travel agency, unlike most of the Bhutan travel agencies, who will ask for 100% package payment in advance due to their government policies.
- “Kill two bird with one stone” Over 95% tourist who makes Kathmandu as their transit point to travel to Paro-Bhutan also have the opportunity to see the country “Nepal” at the same time.
- Dear readers, Let us know in the comment section below if we missed anything in this list, which makes Nepal an excellent transit point before traveling Bhutan?.
However, Bhutan can also be entered by direct flights from Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Dhaka, Bangkok, and Singapore Changi Airport (as well as a few other smaller cities in India). It is also possible to drive into Bhutan from India, but the flight is the most common and stress-free mode of entering Bhutan.
Best Time to Visit Season
Off-Season: December, January, February, June, July & August
High Season: March, April, May, September, October & November
Bhutan Package Cost
Tariff in Bhutan is based daily irrespective of any activities you chose or any itinerary you choose. NO HIDDEN COST AND EXTRA TAX
|Season||1 Pax||2 Pax||3 Pax & Above|
|Low season||$ 240 (200 + 40)||$ 230 (200 + 30)||$ 200|
|High season||$ 290 (250 + 40)||$ 280 (250 + 30)||$ 250|
The minimum daily package covers the following services.
- A standard 3-star accommodation. (4 & 5 stars may require an additional premium).
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide.
- All internal road transport (excluding domestic flights)
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
- All internal taxes and charges
(A sustainable development fee of $65, retained by Tourism Corporation of Bhutan. This goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of the infrastructure of the country)