Nepal, one of the naturally beautiful country, comprises of 33 peaks for climbing as per Nepalmountaineering Association. Each year many people around the globe travel Nepal for the purpose of an Expedition. Here the list of Top 5 highest peaks in Nepal for Expedition you will want to go for.
Mount Everest 1st Highest in Nepal, 1st Highest in World
Mount Everest Nepal is the crown of the entire world with the highest elevated across the globe that is located on the eastern border of Nepal with Tibet. It is the Highest Peak in Nepal for Expedition. Not only for the expedition, but Everest is also equally famous for Trekking around its Base Camp and Gokyo Lake in the next valley. Some major peak climbing is equally famous on Everest Region Trek, which is liked synonym for Climbing in Nepal. Here is some general available Trekking in Everest Region Itinerary where you can build some idea about Everest Base Camp Trekking
Mount Everest Facts
- Ranked: 1st Highest on World
- Location: Solukhumbu-Nepal, Asia
- Elevation in meter: 8848 m
- Elevation in feet: 29,029 ft.
- First, ascend 1953 May 29th
- Other names: Sagarmatha in Nepali, Chomolungma in Tibetan, Peak XV and Third Pole
- Major climbing routes: Southeast ridge and North ridge from Nepal and Tibet respectively
- Base Camp of Mount Everest: Nepal Everest Base Camp 5368 m and Tibet Everest Base Camp 5180 m
Mount Kanchenjunga 2nd Highest in Nepal, 3r Highest in World
Kanchenjunga Peak, which lies on the farthest east point of Nepal with border to Sikkim, is the third highest mountain in the world. Apart from the expedition, Kanchenjunga is also renowned for its remote Trekking, Out of five ridges of Kanchenjunga Series, Kanchenjunga I, which lies entirely on Nepal, is highest among series. Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek had multiple options with the north and south base camp as well as Kanchenjunga Trek combining multiple Base Camp of Kanchenjunga. This link of Kanchenjunga Trekking might be useful to know more about Kanchenjunga Trekking.
- Ranked: 3rd Highest on world
- Location: Taplejung-Nepal, Asia
- Elevation in meter: 8586 m
- Elevation in feet: 28,169 ft.
- First, ascend 1955 May 25th
- Base Camp of Mount Kanchenjunga: Kanchenjunga North Base Camp 5310 m and Kanchenjunga South Base Camp 5100 m
Mount Lhotse 3rd Highest in Nepal, 4th Highest in World
Mount Lhotse, which lies close to the summit of Mount Everest, is in its rain shadow with the base camp of the trail toward Island Peak. There is no such specific Lhotse Trekking, as one will view Lhotse Peak during his/her Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking. Some of the climber who is ascending Mount Everest’s first summit Mount Lhotse from South Col from acclimatization and traverse back to Summit of Mount Everest via the same south col. Here is a link to Everest Base Camp Trekking during which one will witness the summit of Mount Lhotse.
Mount Lhotse Fact
- Ranked – 4th Highest on world
- Location – Solukhumbu-Nepal, Asia
- Elevation in meter – 8516 m
- Elevation in feet – 27940 ft.
- First, ascend – 1956 April 30th
- Base Camp of Mount Lhotse – Lhotse South Base Camp 4970 m
Mount Makalu 4th Highest in Nepal, 5th Highest in World
Makalu, from Mahalangur Himalayan Range, is 5th highest mountain on the entire world with technical climbing routes to the summit of Makalu. Makalu Base Camp Trek is one of the remote treks in Nepal, which can be now conducted as a teahouse trek with the establishment of small huts on Base Camp Area. Almost 2 miles east from Everest Summit, Makalu Trekking is one of the most remote as well as adventurous trekking in Nepal, this link of Makalu Base Camp Trekking might be useful for more reference about Makalu Trek.
Mount Makalu Fact
- Ranked: 5th Highest in the world
- Location: Shankuwashava-Nepal, Asia
- Elevation in meter: 8463 m
- Elevation in feet: 27,766 ft.
- First Ascend: 1955 May 15th
- Base Camp of Mount Makalu: Makalu Base Camp 4800 m
Mount Cho Oyu 5th Highest in Nepal, 6th Highest in World
Cho Oyu, which lies again west to the summit of Mount Everest, is in its rain shadow however it is famous for Gokyo Valley Trek and also falls under the top 5 highest peak for expedition. Series of Gokyo Lake lies just next to the glacier of Cho Oyu, which is often known as Nogzumba Glacier. One can trek to Cho Oyu Base Camp, which is a one-day hike from the final destination of Gokyo Trek, i.e. Gokyo 3rd Lake just beneath Gokyo RI. Expedition on Cho Oyu is mostly done from Tibet Side where the trek to Cho Oyu Base Camp is still possible. Here is one useful link for Gokyo Valley Trek from where you can continue toward the base camp of Cho Oyu.
Mount Cho Oyu Fact
- Ranked – 6th Highest in the world
- Location – Solukhumbu-Nepal, Asia
- Elevation in meter – 8201 m
- Elevation in feet – 26906 ft.
- First Ascend – 1954 Oct 19th
- Base Camp of Mount Makalu – Cho Oyu Base Camp 5100 m
Still, there are other highest peaks in Nepal for the expedition. You can check out our website for the expedition to the mentioned highest peaks for expedition in Nepal as well as others.