Are you thinking for some off the beaten trail in Nepal, and then Manaslu might be your right choice with easy access and more remoteness within it. Manaslu Trekking is famous for its virgin beauty with a perfect blend of nature and culture. Manaslu Trek leads you to the heart of the Nubri Himalayan Region and merges finally with a particular section of Annapurna Circuit at Dharapani. From there, you can retrace back to Kathmandu, terminating the Manaslu Circuit Trek or continue toward Annapurna Circuit or Tilicho Lake. If you are looking for Manaslu Circuit Trek, then another famous Tsum Valley Trek will be an exceptional side trip. Apart from solo Manaslu Trek as it one of the best-sacred valleys on Nepal with local ethnic people originated from Tibet. For more information about the general itinerary and other details like costing, pack list for both Manaslu and Tsum, you can browse every section of Manaslu Circuit Trekking and Tsum Valley Trek. Here are Top 10 facts about Manaslu Trekking Nepal with Tsum Valley.
Top 10 facts about Manaslu Trekking Nepal with Tsum Valley
- Mount Manaslu is the eighth highest mountain across the globe. It was closed until 1992, and still, nowadays, it is under controlled tourism policy under restricted region on Nepal for trekking. There are two summits of Manaslu nearby along with other surrounding ridges peak of Ngadi Chuli, Himalchuli, and Bouddha Himal.
- Trekking in Manaslu is famous for its natural high Himalayas as well as local ethnic culture, traditional monastery, and local people with unique housing styles. No doubt, Manaslu is jewels of the middle west of Nepal, where teahouse trekking is possible around its incomparable beauty and diversity.
- The location of Mount Manaslu is in the Gorkha District of Nepal, which has a lot more to offer as the renowned temple of Manakamana, Lower Manaslu Trek, Tsum Valley Trek, Nubri Trek with the famous palace of King Prithivi Narayan Shah. Not only this Manaslu Trek start from Arughat Gorkha and end at Dharapani, Beshi Sahar that is the starting point of Thorong La Pass Trek.
- Manaslu Region encounter with the countable visitor in compares to other famous trekking trails like Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Everest Base Camp Trekking, which makes the entire Manaslu Trek area unspoiled and more exclusive. Still, Tsum is untouched by modernization, as people are more remote, so are the housing and available facility in the entire Tsum area where Gumba Lundang is the most remote and most to explore the monastery.
- Toshio Imanishi and Gyalzen Norbu, as a part of the Japanese expedition team, first climbed Mount Manaslu on 9th May 1956. After which also the number of Japanese Team has concurred the summit of Manaslu. So it is often known as the Japanese Mountain, with most of the Japanese climber hitting the peak of Mount Manaslu instead of other mountains. It is also known as Killer Mountain because of its frequent icefall swapping numerous climbers.
- Himalayan people had declared mountain region from Manaslu to Upper Dolpo as a Nubri State where people look almost the same, so is their culture which directly resembles with people from Tibet. Not only culture their language is the same who worship “ His Holiness Dalai Lama” as a god and had his poster on their worship section on any corner of the house where they offer butter lamp and stuffs to their god.
- Although Larke Pass is in a lower elevation than other trekking passes like Thorong La Pass, Chola Pass, it is more difficult because of its long walk of the same higher elevation instead of ascending and immediate descending. Apart from that descending section toward Bimthang is more technical and almost impassable in heavy winter.
- Trekking to Manaslu might be considered as a test of personal endurance as one will encounter with high alpine terrain. Not cozy accommodation in the upper area, long walks on flat ground on higher elevated Larke Pass, technical downhill slope right after pass, the long side trip to Tibetan border from Samdo, the dangerous base camp trail to Manaslu Base Camp from Sama Gaon with the uncalculated risk of avalanche.
- Ganesh Himal Base Camp can be a trek from Gumba Lundang that is the east end of Tsum Valley, a side trip from Manaslu Trek. A one-day trip from Gumba Lundang to Ganesh Himal Base Camp and back to Gumba Lundang is probably the least explored area in Nepal. There is no need for extra permits than Tsum Valley and Manaslu Trekking permit with conservation area entry permits.
- If someone is interested in climbing some small peaks in Manaslu, then Larke Peak can be the best option. By setting base camp on the summit of Larke Pass before scaling mountain of Larke where permits issued by NMA is mandatory and need to add extra day than regular Manaslu Permit. Because a couple of days of extension on climbing periods.No doubt soon, Manaslu Trek will replace Annapurna Circuit Trek because Annapurna is almost destroyed by motor roads on both sides of Thorong Pass. Nowadays, Manaslu can be trek completely as a teahouses trek with the establishment of huts on Dharmasala. See more details about necessary permits details for Manaslu Circuit Trekking on our previous blog restricted permit details in Nepal.
If you enjoyed reading this article share it with your friends and family! This might be the missing exclusive information they were looking for! We would also appreciate it if you could give us a rating below. You can also comment us below.