- How much is the cost of the Manaslu trek permit?
- Manaslu Trekking permits for the Child under 10 Years old
- Do I need a TIMS card for Manaslu Trek?
- Where can I get Manaslu trekking permit?
- Can I apply for my own Manaslu trekking permit?
- What documents are required to issue a Manaslu Trekking permit?
- Can I apply for the Manaslu trekking permit in advance?
How much is the cost of the Manaslu trek permit?
Manaslu trek requires three different kinds of a permit, which are:
Manaslu restricted permit, costs are different in two different seasons, and also the cost depends on how many days Manaslu trekking itinerary have you planned.
- For all tourist September to November – USD 100 per person per week, and USD 15 per day per person in case of more than 7 days.
- For all tourist, December to August – USD 75 per person per week, and USD 10 per day per person in case of more than 7 days
- ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Project Permit) USD 27 or NPR 3000
- MCAP (Manaslu Conservation Area Project Permit) USD 27 or NPR 3000
- ACAP and MCAP fee for SAARC nation NPR 1,000 per person
- ACAP and MCAP fee for local Nepali tourist NPR 100 per person
NOTE: If you are trekking Tsum Valley side-trip during Manaslu trek then it required 1 week’s additional restricted permit. and It will cost USD 40 per person for the first week and an additional USD 7 per day beyond that in between (September to November). While between December to August It will be USD 30 per person for the first week and an additional USD 7 per day beyond that.
“For a decade Manaslu special permit cost was set for USD 70 for a busy season (September – November) and USD 50 per week for rest of the month” However, Nepal government has recently increased the visa fee and restricted area permit fee on July 17, 2019.
Manaslu Trekking permits for the Child under 10 Years old
If you are trekking in Nepal with a child under 10 years old and wondering how much would be the trekking permit cost? Yes, a lot of people ask me this question. The Trekking permit fee including restricted area permit, ACAP, and MCAP are free! However, you still need to go through all the permit making the process and submit a necessary document that means only the cost is free but the process is still the same as the adult.
Do I need a TIMS card for Manaslu Trek?
TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System) is not necessary for a Manaslu trek. As long as you hold a special trekking permit, TIMS card isn’t required in any restricted trekking region in Nepal. But it is always advisable to check in advance with your local company (Contact Us). For example, if you have a connecting trip after Manaslu, such as Annapurna Base Camp or Everest Base Camp, then TIMS card is compulsory. Especially after Manaslu if you still want to continue your journey to Annapurna Circuit and would like to trek further Jomsom Muktinath and end up at Pokhara then you must required to have TIMS card. But the good news is you don’t have to buy again ACAP permit. The same permit you bought for Manaslu will valid for Annapurna too.
Where can I get Manaslu trekking permit?
All restricted trekking permits including the Manaslu trek permit will be issued in the trekking department of the Nepal immigration office in Maitighar, Kathmandu. For your information, Nepal Tourism Board and TAAN don’t issue Manaslu trekking permit, but other trekking permits such as ACAP, MCAP, and Everest base camp permits are issued here.
Can I apply for my own Manaslu trekking permit?
This is a very important question that every traveler should know. Please note that individual trekkers are not allowed in Manaslu. It doesn’t mean you can’t trek Manaslu only with porter. As long as you are with anyone authorized person permit issue process can be done. You must meet the following requirements by the Nepal government to file your Manaslu trekking permit:
- You must hire at least one authorized person from the local trekking agency in Nepal, either a professional guide or porter.
- You must be at least two people in one group (not including the guide or porter).
- You must file your special permit through an authorized local trekking agency.
What documents are required to issue a Manaslu Trekking permit?
If you are able to meet the government requirements as discussed above, you should also provide these documents to your local trekking company in order to apply for your permit.
- Original passport with your Nepal entry visa with the arrival stamp.
- 3 passport size photos (if you have one online passport photo, you will only need 2 printed ID photo)
- Travel Insurance that covers emergency evacuation up to 6000m. (Not mandatory only recommended)
- Of course, money
Can I apply for the Manaslu trekking permit in advance?
This completely depends on the local trekking company you choose and whether they are able to deal with the immigration staff. You should check in advance with your company (contact us) if this is possible. But in our company’s experience, we are able to issue the Manaslu trek permit in advance upon the request of our clients. Please be reminded, however, that this is also not under our control and will depend on who we might be dealing with in immigration or what your situation might be. The documents we require are:
- Clear scanned copy of passport
- Copy of Nepal visa obtained in advance from your country (required)
- A copy of your return flight ticket that clearly shows your arrival and departure date.
- Consent letter addressed to the Immigration Chief from you with reasons why you are not able to arrive in Nepal in advance to issue the permit.
- Consent letter from the local trekking company (Contact us), which guarantees that after your arrival, you will provide a copy of the document they would need.
It is understandable that this might be required due to the traveler’s required time frame. Other reasons could also be that the immigration office opening time and public holidays could affect your application. Note that the immigration office only opens from Sunday to Friday between 9 am to 5 pm. It is also closed during public holidays and Saturdays so it’s always a good idea to check in advance if you are arriving during holiday time.
If everything is on track and all requirements are complete, the Manaslu Trek special permit should be ready within a 2 to 3-hour timeframe. As one of the virgin trekking trails of Nepal, Manaslu becoming more popular each season. Compeer to other treks like Everest, Annapurna the cost of Manaslu trek is only expensive to buy a permit but the food and accommodations are the same as others. If you need to know anything apart from what we mentioned above, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to give you additional information.
If you enjoyed reading this article share it with your friends and family! This might be the missing exclusive information they were looking for! We would also appreciate it if you could give us a rating below. You can also comment us below.